The Pioneers Association of South Australia Incorporated was founded in 1935
and has the following principal objectives:
- To perpetuate the memory of the pioneers of early settlement in South Australia.
- To establish and maintain a faithful record of the pioneers for the benefit of present and future generations.
- To encourage the preservation of records, portraits, relics and historical materials associated with pioneer settlement.
- To promote awareness and knowledge of South Australian history.
- To affiliate with any other organisation with objectives similar to those of the Association.
Monday 30 September
Pioneer Group Event
John Darke: Surveyor and Explorer
Wednesday Oct 2
JOHN RENWICK Shipping Group Meeting
Sunday 20 October
Junior Pioneer Event - Visit Urrbrae House
Refer Events Page for details
Go to the
'Our Pioneer Ancestors'
to view 190 Pioneers Stories
More to come.
5 Leigh Street.
(opposite Station Arcade)
Thursday 1 August
Phone services have been relocated.
Same number (08) 8231 5055
Event Reports added to Members Pages
- John Pirie - the Ship and the Man
- Hawkers of Bungaree
- Captain Charles Sturt as the Father of South Australia
- Field Trip to Clare
- Heritage Week & Why History Matters
- Slate, Shingles & Bullock Teams - Tour of the Willunga District
- SA - the last piece of the jigsaw of British Australia
- How Times Have Changed
- Early Women Winemakers
- Advice to Emigrants
- Correct Weight in the Colony
- Education in the Early Years
Membership is open to any person with an ancestor who arrived in South Australia
by and including December 28th 1846.
Spouses of members may become associate members. The Association currently has over 700 members.
Our patron is His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC,
Governor of South Australia.